Winter School 2022
This year GGIS will host 3 weeks of Winter School!
This Winter School, we will learn about how animals stay warm in the Arctic and how they survive the cold. We will explore the science of fire and ice by discovering the different ways they are made and their many uses. Lastly, using the mechanics of motion and force, we will explore various methods of propulsion—students will test to see if they can create a sleigh faster than Santa’s! We hope to see you all there for 3 weeks of BIOLOGY, CHEMISTRY, and PHYSICS!
[Dates and Weekly Theme]
※Weekly themes and activities may change without notice.
- Week 1: Inokashira Park Zoo
- Week 2: Rinshi-no-Mori Park
- Week 3: Science Museum, Chiyoda
*The students participating in the nursery program at the Togoshi campus will not go on excursions.
- 2 to 6 years old
- Elementary School Students Grade 1-6
※If your child is younger than 3 years old, please contact us. We will arrange for your child to attend our nursery program as it’s a program more suitable and beneficial for your child.
※If you are a GGIS nursery or kindergarten student (0 to 6 years old) you can join from December 26 to 29.
- Students Under 6 Years Old
- Elementary School Students
- Nursery Service
- Togoshi Campus
Chokodo Building 2F 1-6-25 Hiratsuka, Shinagawa-ku Tokyo 142-0051
- Togoshi Campus
- By November 25th, 2022
- Sign-Up URL: https://forms.gle/qB48minuVR5Y1noQ8
Other Price and Program notes:
*Full-week enrollments only. There are only 4 days in Week 3. 1 day’s worth will be deducted from the invoice based on your rate.
*Nursery & Kindergarten students may choose by date.
*Lunch (and one snack for Full Day students) is included in the price. Students may bring their own snacks, but this will not influence the price. Please refrain from bringing nuts to school.
*Please note that children with food allergies may be asked to bring their own lunch, depending on the severity of their allergies.
*If you need an extension, please specify the week and time. Extensions are only accepted weekly. It may not be possible to accommodate your request.
*Additional fees may apply for excursions, school trips, or special events during the week. If an additional fee will be charged, guardians will be notified beforehand. Fees can be up to, but not limited to 5,000 yen, depending on the destination and purpose.
- Please read and agree to the ContractT&C_AfterSchool. The terms and conditions in the document will be applied for matters not stated for this specific event.
- Please read the following document COVID-19: School Life.
- Check the drop-off and pick-up location, as it depends on the student and program. * Afterschool students: If continuing into the Afterschool Program, the pick-up procedure will be as usual.
- The host campus may change depending on the number of participants. The event may be canceled if the minimum number of attendees (6 students per campus) is not met.
- The program starts at 9:00 am. Please call the campus in the event of late arrival, different attendance time, absence, etc. We will share the contact information at a later date.
- After submitting the sign-up form, cancellations or changes cannot be made to your application. There are no substitutions or deductions due to missed attendance on the day of the event. Please contact us in advance if you have any questions.
- If you would like to enroll in GGIS programs such as Afterschool, Kindergarten, etc., please join our monthly orientation. Your child’s English level will be checked for enrollment above 5 years old.
- Please submit Kidsly attendance daily.
- ◇◇Hourly Reservation Students◇◇ During seasonal programs such as summer school or winter school, students can use the Afterschool from 14:00 to 19:00. However, please note the seasonal program fee and the monthly fee for the Hourly Reservation course will not be offset, reduced, or refunded depending on the number of hours, even if it overlaps with the opening time of the seasonal program.
【GGIS Nursery & Kindergarten Students】
- GGIS Nursery and Kindergarten students can only join on December 26-29, when Nursery and Kindergarten programs are closed.
- Please note, that there will be no bus service for that week.
- Students will participate at an Afterschool campus of your choosing. The nursery program will be held at the Togoshi campus.
- During seasonal programs, teachers will not send individual daily reports: including information such as potty schedule, diet, naps, etc. Class posts will be available daily.
- The program is designed for full-weekly attendance. We highly recommend attendance for all of Week 3 to experience the full effect!
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.